- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of building management/maintenance routines, Ontario Fire Code, Ontario Building Code and able to ensure that Occupational Health and Safety, WHMIS and other relevant standards and legal requirements are met.
- Several years’ experience working with people who are homeless, under-housed and who are hard to house
- Knowledge of tenant population, diversity issues, anti-discrimination practices and systemic reasons for homelessness
- Experience with RTA
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of resources and services available in the community
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset
** Note that the above job requirements are not exhaustive. Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required.
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Homes First is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
Please note, all candidates offered a position with Homes First from September 8, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of employment. Please note Homes First will comply with its human rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation. APPLY HERE