• Post-secondary degree in Social Work or Diploma in Social Service Work.
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ case management experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Demonstrated understanding of the psychology of addiction, issues underlying addiction, trauma and mental health issues
• Experienced in case management, group facilitation and teaching adults
• Proven interviewing and counselling skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of Housing First, Harm Reduction, Strength-based and Anti-oppressive practices
• Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• able to work independently and in inter-dependent teams, with minimum supervision in a busy and flexible environment
• Mobile and comfortable delivering care in clients’ homes
• Able to trouble-shoot and resolve issues as they arise
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention, Motivational Interviewing, Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, and Intervention and Cultural-Sensitivity Training an asset
• Experience working in a supportive housing setting an asset
• Ability to work eveningsWorking in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Please no phone calls, only those people selected for interviews will be contacted.Accommodation
Homes First is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
Please note, all candidates offered a position with Homes First from September 8, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of employment. Please note Homes First will comply with its human rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.