- Minimum three years’ experience in related post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to compile data and prepare statistical reports
- Demonstrated ability to utilize case management software systems
- Highly development case management skills
- Experience with conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to connect clients to Ontario Works, Office of the Ontario Public Guardian and Trusteeship, Ontario Disability Support Program, and the process for accessing The Housing Stabilization Fund
- Knowledge of mental health and addiction issues and several years’ experience working with clients with these issues
- Experience with individuals who lack primary health care and/or struggle to maintain medication regiments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of services in the community such as life skills programs, CCAC and programs that run “extreme clean” services
- Knowledge of food access programs
- Expertise in Residential Tenancy Act legislation and proven abilities working within the Landlord and Tenant Board system, including forms and full comprehension around the different processes, hearings, and specific familiarity with Section 83, as well as working with Duty Counsel and developing successful mediation agreements
- Demonstrated experience with harm reduction approaches and knowledge of necessary information and referrals to allow individuals the option to adopt some of the approaches into their daily lives
- Expertise in navigating the criminal justice system on all levels; court appearances, probation sentences, community legal clinics, and police departments
- Highly developed understanding of and ability to communication appropriate professional boundaries
- Knowledge of group processes/dynamics
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset
- Ability to work evenings
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the homeless population, diversity issues, anti-discrimination practices and systemic reasons for homelessness
- Able to lift 20 pounds
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Homes First is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
Pleae note, all candidates offered a position with Homes First from September 8, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of employment. Please note Homes First will comply with its human rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.