The energy and automotive sectors uses the central storage battery inverters, to enable the integration of storage systems into the utility grid or self-sufficient off-grid systems. They assume important grid management functions and ensure a reliable energy supply worldwide as well as the optimal integration of renewables into the power supply.
So, having a good inverter with powerful battery at home is necessary. There are string battery inverters and there are the central inverters. String inverters transform the direct current (DC) from your PV panels into an alternating current (AC) that can be fed into the electrical grid.
String inverters are mostly used in residential and commercial solar projects such as rooftop, carport, ground mount and tracker installations. Now just like string inverters, central inverters convert DC into AC. The difference is the size.
Central inverters are exclusively meant for utility-scale applications such as industrial facilities, large buildings, and very large field arrays or even floating installations.
Inverter batteries are designed in accordance with the latest AS/NZ 4777 standards, and deliver consistent efficiency of over 95%. These CEC listed battery-ready inverters provide the best-in-class voltage tolerances and IP65 rated for a wide variety of operational conditions.
Inverter Battery Price in Nigeria
- 600 Ah / 2V – 94,000 (NGN) — 150,000 (NGN)
- 750 Ah / 2V – 155,000 (NGN) — 200,000 (NGN)
- 1500 Ah / 2V – 270,000 (NGN) —- 350,000 (NGN)
- 100Ah / 12V – 37,000 (NGN) — 105,000 (NGN)
- 150Ah / 12V – 57,000 (NGN) — 150,000 (NGN)
- 200Ah / 12V – 81,000 (NGN) —- 180,000 (NGN)
- 250Ah / 12V – 120,000 (NGN) —- 200,000 (NGN)
- 500 Ah / 2V – 90,000 (NGN) —- 150,000 (NGN)
Inverter Battery Features in Nigeria
- Light weight design and easy installation
- Optional Wifi Interface
- THDi < 1.5%
- IP65 and RS 485
- High switching frequency
- Maximum efficiency over 97.8%
- AS 4777.2:2015 Compliant
- Best-in-class MPPT algorithm
- MPPT efficiency over 99.5%
- Standard and premium warranty options
- Battery ready and future-proof
There are various inverter battery brands in nigeria. However, the known inverter battery brands in Nigeria include Luminous, Mercury, Sukam, Quanta, Prag, Bluegate, MultiPower, and Nexus. You can buy any of these brands if you want a reliable and long lasting system.
Energy capacity of an inverter battery is measured in Ampere-Hour (AH). 100AH and 200AH are the most popular capacities of a 12V battery in Nigeria, but you may also see values like 150AH and 210AH.
You can also find 2V inverter battery for inverter and solar applications rated at 500 AH, 1000 AH, and 1500 AH.
Inverter Battery Types in Nigeria
There are two stable main types of inverter battery to choose from; the sealed-maintenance-free (SMF) battery and the tubular battery. The SMF battery is the most convenient type. You just connect it and continue usage from then onwards as it requires no maintenance. It is also safe indoors since it is sealed and emits no harmful gases. They last 2 to 3 years maximum.
Tubular batteries are more complicated and require little maintenance. Unlike the SMF battery that you install and start using, users will need to remember to at most top up the water of their tubular battery in like every 6 month or as required.
Top Inverter Battery in Nigeria
Exide IT 500 (150Ah) Tall Tubular Battery
Exide is a renowned brand when it comes to batteries for inverters. With the growing popularity of the brand, Exide IT 500 stands as a growing top brand of the best inverter batteries to purchase in Nigeria today. Though on the downside, the demand and supply gap leads to the paucity of the product.
Yet, the consistent performance and the durability of the product make it stand out. The delivery of power for a longer duration is one of the major reasons why it is still my favorite on the list. Also, the product has a warranty of 3 years.
- Deep cycle applications can be carried out seamlessly.
- The tubular technology is one of its kind making the battery last longer.
- Efficient performance during tough conditions
- Acid content is more by 30% compared to ordinary batteries
- High durability of the battery
- The longevity of the product
- Highly efficient
- Great after-sale services
- Cost of price is on the up side
Luminous RC 18000 150Ah Tall Tubular Battery
Luminous RC 18000 totally deserves to be on top of our list of the best inverter batteries in Nigeria. The charging speed of the battery is an important criterion and Luminous RC 18000 does its job pretty well. It has the ability to protect against corrosion and ensures high longevity.
The dimension of the product is unique from the rest. Measuring close to 50 X 30 X 23 cm, it will fit perfectly on your inverter.
Luminous RC 18000 absorbs less energy, making it one of the most energy-efficient products you can have in your home. The structure is porous and free from any voids.
Distribution of the power remains uniform throughout usage. While the tubular plate within the battery provides extensive performance. Talking about the low maintenance cost, since the default rate is low, you need not shell any additional funds for maintenance.
With zero corrosion and less recharge time, no doubt it is the best inverter battery to purchase in Nigeria.
- Ideal for running appliances like fridge, LED TV, and fans
- Excellent back-up – can run for long hours during power cuts
- Comes with advanced tubular plates which ensure non-stop power supply
- Can tolerate long overcharge
- Resistance against oxidation
- Back-up hours are long
- Lasts for longer duration
- Energy efficient
- Low overhead charges
- Continuous and undisturbed supply of power
- Weight of the battery is a bit on the heavier side
Amaron Inverter 150Ah Tall Tubular Battery
Amaron batteries have created a niche for themselves when it comes to household inverter batteries. Being a close competitor, this battery offers similar features as that of Exide. Yet, the performance of the Amaron battery is comparatively better.
Quicker charging time along with the excellent ease of charging makes this battery stand out. Less maintenance cost and it is a very good solution for the continuous power cuts in your home.
- Resistance against vibrations due to protective outer casing
- Service of the battery lasts for a long time
- Easily portable due to the compact size of the battery
- Charge retention is high
- Doesn’t produce any noise during operation
- Provides a longer duration of back-up
- Issues of leaking of the fluid have been observed too.
Inverter Battery Buying Guide & Distributor Contact in Nigeria
Before purchasing an inverter battery in nigeria keep in mind the few tips listed below :
- Less maintenance
- Battery Capacity and Backup
Distributor Contact in Nigeria
Solis LTD : +2347037009952
Inverter Battery Maintenance in Nigeria
Regardless of how expensive or powerful your inverter is, you will still need a good battery for smooth functioning. And for that you need to regularly maintain the battery for uninterrupted and efficient performance during power failures. Here are some maintenance tips you should be aware of –
- Place at a proper ventilated place : inverter battery releases hydrogen and heats up during operation and that is why room ventilation is necessary. It not only lowers the heating up but also improves the lifespan of the battery.
- Always use distilled water : don’t top up the battery using normal or RO water as it contains dirt and minerals which will shorten the battery life. You should always use distilled water.
- Maintain the right water level : most inverter batteries come with water level indicators. So, maintain the normal range accordingly.
- Use it regularly : for optimal performance it is advised to recharge and discharge the inverter battery regularly.
- Make it dust-free : timely cleaning of dirt and dust particles from your battery will avoid rusting and corrosion. This provides uninterrupted current flow and also increases the battery charging speed.